A tour which takes you to God’s own country in the southwest corner of the Indian peninsula, with its meandering, rivers and attractive backwaters.
- A ride on a Kettuvallom (Houseboat) to explore the fascinating beauty of the backwaters of Kerala, a network of canals both man-made and natural, extending from one end of Kerala to the other.
- The magic of Ayurveda – a natural way of feeling better.
On arrival at Cochin’s International Airport you will be met by our representative in the arrival area of the airport and transferred to your hotel for overnight stay.
Commence your tour with a visit to the Jewish Synagogue (of 1568), the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth, located in an area called Jew Town which also is one of the centers of the spice trade in the region. Thereafter, visit the ancient Mattancherry (Dutch) Palace built by the Portuguese in 1557. The most important feature of the palace is the astonishing murals that adorn some f the palace rooms. Another stop is made at the St. Francis Church, the oldest European built church in India. Constructed in 1503 by the Portuguese Franciscan Friars who accompanied the expedition led by Pedro Alvarez Cabral. Visit the amazing Chinese fishing nets – the only ones of its kind in India. It is believed that traders from the court of the Chinese ruler Kublai Khan introduced these nets here. In the evening enjoy a Kathakali dance performance (the classical dance drama of Kerala) before returning to your hotel for overnight stay.
Cochin / Alleppey / Board Houseboat (B/L/D)
After breakfast at hotel drive to Alleppey to board your houseboat. The boat is constructed with eco-friendly materials like bamboo mat, arecanut trees and coir. The ethnic meals are prepared on board by a personal cook and fish delicacies like white prawns, pearl spotted fish, crabs and mussels are the specialties. Overnight on board.
Disembark your houseboat in Kumarakom (B)
Disembark your house boat in Kumarakom and check in to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure to enjoy the magic of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the knowledge that indicates the appropriate and inappropriate, happy or sorrowful conditions of living, what is auspicious or inauspicious for longevity, as well as the measure of life itself. “Ayur” means life and “Veda” means knowledge, so Ayurveda means the knowledge about science of life. Overnight at hotel.
Day at leisure to enjoy various Ayurveda facilities. Overnight at hotel.
Day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Depart Cochin (B)
After breakfast at hotel you will be transferred to Cochin airport to connect with your flight for onward journey.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- Accommodation for six (06) nights in India.
- Daily breakfast from day 2 till day 7.
- Full board on Houseboat (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner).
- All sites and visits as per the program.
- All services using air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of a English speaking local guide for city tour of Cochin.
- All currently applicable entrances at the monuments.
- The above prices include all current taxes and entrance fees.
- Beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, etc., unless otherwise specified.
- Any airfare or airport taxes.
- Camera fees at monuments and sites.
- Items of a personal nature such as beverages, tips (except for group meals and baggage handling), laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation.
- Services or any hikes in entrance fees.