Treasures of India
A journey into history on a LuxuryTrain to experience the splendor of a by-gone era.
A train that never falls short of providing you a royal experience, Maharajas’ Express features four cabin configurations – Deluxe Cabin, Junior Suite, Suite and Presidential Suite. Every cabin has large panoramic windows, just so that you can savor every bit of magnificent India. All passenger carriages come with individual temperature controls, the first of its kind in India and have state of the art facilities – Live Televisions, DVD players, Wifi Internet to name a few to keep you entertained through the royal journey. Maharajas Express has CCTV cameras, smoke alarms, mini pantries with 24 hour valet service and round the clock services of a Paramedic. The journey on board is truly an extroardinary experience.
- Champagne evening overlooking Taj Mahal.
- An exciting Game drive at Ranthambore.
- Elephant Polo match at Jaipur.
Welcome to India! You will be met by our representative in the arrival area of the airport after you clear all immigration and customs formalities. Rest of the day is free for independent activities.
Enjoy breakfast at you hotel before you are taken on a full day city tour of Old and New Delhi! The highlight of your day will be a Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi. As you embark on your journey through this land you will experiences the sites and sounds of what is India. Your guide will be at your service to bring you face-to-face with the many faces of this vast land.
In Old Delhi you will see Red Fort, the most opulent Fort and Palace of the Mughal Empire. The fort is Shah Jehan’s symbol of power and elegance, built behind red sandstone walls. Also visit Raj Ghat, the memorial site of Mahatma Gandhi, marking the spot where he was assassinated by Nathuram Godse in 1948. Tour Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India and Chandni Chowk, the bustling and colorful market of the old city. Chandni Chowk was the commercial center of Delhi in the old time and you will see it come sliver in the morning as the trading day starts.
New Delhi is where you will visit two monuments from Delhi’s past: Qutub Minar and Humanyun’s tomb. Qutub Minar is the historical construction of a landmark in 1199. Qutub-ud-Din raised the Qutub Minar either as a victory tower or as a minaret to the adjacent mosque. Humayun’s tomb was built by emperor Humayun’s wife and took eight years to complete. It is regarded as an example of the early Mughal architecture. The emperor’s wife, Begai Begum, was buried in the tomb and the structure is the first of its kind built in the center of a well-planned garden. It is generally regarded as a prototype of the famed Taj Mahal of Agra.
Your drive takes you along the ceremonial avenue, Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate, President House, and Parliament House. The India Gate is an archway in the middle of a crossroad is almost similar to its french counterpart war memorial. It commemorates 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the British Army during the First World War and bears the names of more than 13,516 British and Indian soldiers killed in the North-western Frontier in the Afghan war of 1919. The President House is the palatial building build on an area of 330 acres with a private garden designed by the illustrious Lutyens, as the official residence of the Viceroy of India during British reign, and is now the official residence of the First Citizen. The Parliament House is the symbol of India democracy.
Board the Luxury Train at Delhi and proceed to Agra after a traditional welcome and completion of your registration formalities. Enjoy brunch on board as your arrive into Agra. As you reach the ‘City of Mughal Splendour’ Agra explore the exquisite Agra Fort. The Agra Fort is the most important fort in India. It contained the largest state treasury and mint and was also visited by foreign ambassadors, travelers and the highest dignitaries who participated in the making of history in India.
Enjoy Champagne Hi-Tea at Taj Khema before returning to your Luxury Train for dinner on board.
Arrive into Agra in the early morning and disembark the train for a morning visit to Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal was built by an emperor in memory of his beloved queen.
Return to your Luxury Train for breakfast on board as the trains proceeds on to Ranthambore. Lunch on board before arrival in Ranthambore for a Jungle safari at Ranthambore National Park.
Ranthambore Park is famous for tigers and due to conservation efforts, the tiger population has stabilized if not increased here. The tigers can be spotted quite often even during the day, at their normal pursuits (hunting and taking care of their young ones). Ranthambore is one of the best places to see these majestic predators.
Return to your Luxury Train for dinner on board as you head for Jaipur.
Enjoy breakfast on board your Luxury Train as you enter into the city of Jaipur, also known as the “Pink City.”
As you drive through the old part of town in Jaipur you will witness a life most unlike others. Witness how the city blooms during the day in a kaleidoscope of color and sound. Everywhere you will see the monuments of its Rajput rulers. Jaipur is one of the main centers for shopping in India; especially with regard to textiles, jewelry, stones, carpets, etc.
Vist the Amber Fort then return to your Luxury Train for lunch on board before relaxing or proceeding on an optional activity.
Enjoy an Exhibiition Elephant Polo Match followed by Dinner at City Palace / Jai Mahal Palace. Return to your Luxury Train as it journeys towards Delhi.
Breakfast on board as you arrive into Delhi. Bid farewell to the Maharajas’ Express. You will be met once again by our representative and transferred to your hotel where the rest of the day is free at your leisure.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before you are met by our representative and transferred to the airport for your departure flight to your final destination.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- All transfers, sight-seeings and excursions will be by a/c coach with rest of the group members. Private car and guide will be provided for Suite and Presidential Suite quests. But city tour of Delhi and arrival/departure transfer in Delhi will be a/c Innova.
- Accommodation in single / double / twin bedded cabins with en suite bathrooms on board Luxury Train.
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits on board the train.
- Hotel accommodation is based on Bed & Breakfast basis only.
- Butler service, guided off train excursions as illustrated in the journeys.
- Amateur still camera fee.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board.
- Porterage at stations.
- The above prices include all current taxes and entrance fees. Any hike in these will be payable extra.
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any insurance, gratuities, telephone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands wines, spirits, beer served in restaurants and bars).
- Any video, film and professional still camera fees.
- Any arrival/departure transfer before or after train journey.
- Pre/Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions are not included unless specifically mentioned as part of the journey.
- Any airfare or airport taxes.
- Undue escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation services or any hikes in entrance fees. Any large tax hikes and new levies shall be payable extra and shall be billed accordingly with prior notice.