World Heritage – Treasure of Vietnam
Daily departure from Hanoi with English or French speaking guide.
- Four hour boat ride through Halong Bay.
- The longest and most beautiful karts cave in the world.
- Thien Mu Pagoda, the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City, tombs of Tu Duc and Khai Dinh.
- Cham Museum.
- One of the major trading centers of Southeast Asia in the 16th century.
- My Son Sanctuary – complex of religious ruins.
- Phuoc Kieu Village, well known for copper products.
On arrival at Hanoi Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to a hotel of your choice. Accommodation and meals at your expense.
Hanoi / Halong – Night Train to Dong Hoi(L/D)
This morning you will be picked up from your hotel in Hanoi for the drive to Halong Bay (102 miles east of Hanoi), listed as a World Heritage Area of outstanding natural beauty. Picturesque Halong Bay has more than 1,000 limestone islets rising from the sea, many of them containing beautiful grottoes. Enjoy a relaxing 4-hour boat trip through Halong Bay; fresh seafood lunch is prepared and served on board. Drive back to Hanoi. Dinner at local restaurant thereafter transfer to Hanoi Railway Station to board the night train to Dong Hoi. Overnight on board (sharing 4-berth air-conditioned compartment without local tour guide accompanying).
Dong Hoi / Phong Nha / Hue (B/L/D)
Arrive at Dong Hoi Railway Station, meet local tour guide and enjoy Vietnamese breakfast at local restaurant. Drive up north to Phong Nha, take a boat trip from a critical point of the Ho Chi Minh trail to go inside and visit Phong Nha cave, known as the longest and most beautiful karts cave in the world. Lunch at local restaurant, and then continue driving to Hue, the former Royal City of the 13 ruling Nguyen dynasties. Arrival and transfer to hotel for check-in. Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at hotel in Hue.
Take a boat trip on the Perfume River to visit Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the oldest ancient architectural structures for religious worship in Hue, continue to visit the Imperial Citadel and Forbidden City. Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon, visit the royal tombs of Tu Duc and Khai Dinh tomb and if time permits visit the colorful local market. Dinner and overnight at hotel in Hue.
Hue / Danang / Hoi An (B/L/D)
Depart to Danang. The scenic 4-hour drive via Hai Van pass offers spectacular views of mountains, the sea, idyllic beaches and villages. Visit Cham Museum on the way. Lunch at local restaurant. Continue further south to the charming historic city of Hoi An. Known to early Western merchants, Hoi An was one of the major trading centers of Southeast Asia in the 16th century. Hoi An has a distinctive Chinese atmosphere with low, tiled-roof houses and narrow streets; the original structure of some of these streets is still virtually intact. Many of the houses were constructed of rare timbers and decorated with lacquer panels engraved with Chinese characters and pillars carved with ornamental designs. During a leisurely discovery tour on foot, visit some of the historic merchant and community houses, places of worship and famous bridges. Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at hotel in Hoi An.
Hoi An / My son / Hoi An (B/L/D)
Drive to My Son, the imperial city of the Champa empire of the 4th to 12th centuries. My Son Sanctuary is a large complex of religious ruins comprising more than 70 architectural remains. Drive back Hoi An with stop over to visit Phuoc Kieu Village, the village is well known for their copper GONG & CHIENG handmade products. Lunch at local restaurant. In the afternoon, at leisure on the beach. Dinner and overnight at hotel in Hoi An.
Hoi An / Danang / Departure (B)
At leisure until transfer to Danang Airport for your onward flight.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- Transfer from Hanoi Airport to hotel in Hanoi with English speaking guide.
- Accommodation from Day 02 onwards in shared a/c twin room with private bathroom.
- Meals as stated in the program [B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner].
- Transfers and tours with local English or French-speaking guides in private air-conditioned vehicles.
- All entrance fees, boat fees as mentioned in the program.
- Mineral water and cold towels available on the vehicles.
- Train ticket Hanoi / Dong Hoi in shared compartment with 4 soft berths.
- Accommodation and meals on Day 01.
- Optional tours.
- Surcharges for other language guides.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Personal expenses, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, gratuities. etc.
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the program.
- Drinks with meals.
- Compulsory festive gala dinners and surcharges.
- Visa fees at Vietnamese embassies and/or upon arrival.
- Early check-in/late check-out at hotels not mentioned in the program.
The train trip is a local experience. Cabins are shared with other local passengers (unless private cabin is requested and all berths paid for).
Communal rest rooms at either end of the carriages complete the local experience.