What’s Cooking in Israel Tour?
Israel’s diverse population makes its cuisines deliciously unique. The variety of restaurants, vast choice of gastronomy & hospitality styles, the unbelievable tastes and aromas are all part of the richness and liveliness that makes Israel so special. For the wine lover, this is a chance to discover an incredible new world of Israeli boutique wines, internationally known for their quality.
(9 Days / 8 Nights) Breakfast and Dinner included, unless otherwise noted
- “Dinner from the Movies” at Hatraklin Restaurant, lead by renowned sommelier Yossi Ben Oddis
- Meet Janna Gur, notable Israeli cookbook author
- Visit Palmach Museum, and have culinary tour at Levinsky Market
- Tour a spice farm and a traditional Arabic coffee roaster
- Tour and tasting at a renowned wineries
- Visit a micro beer brewery
- Take a Druze cooking workshop
- Have a sweet visit to De Karina chocolate factory
- Be intrigued by a geopolitical tour of the Northern border
- Visit Safed, city of Kabbalah known for its special artists studios and beautiful synagogues
- Tour with Col. (Ret) Danny Tirza, the planner of the security fence between Israel and the West Bank
- Go to the Sea of Galilee and stop at the city of Beit Sheanwhere where you will be hosted by an Ethiopian woman who will share her personal story and host us for various traditional Ethiopian foods and have a short workshop of baking Ethiopian bead.
- Visit Machane Yehuda Market – Israeli Shuk including tasting of local products.
- Visit Masada, ascend by cable car to the ancient fortress
- Visit the beautiful Ein Gedi Reserve
- Enjoy a special ethnic meal at the Darna Restaurant
- Stop for a special Kurdish lunch
- Dinner and Star Gazing in the Desert
Tel Aviv (B/D)
Arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport . VIP airport assistance from the plane to your awaiting guide and driver.
Drive to Tel Aviv for a short overview of the city. Check-in at the hotel and free time.
Special “dinner from the movies” at “Hatraklin” Restaurant lead by renowned sommelier Yossi Ben Oddis.
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv/Levinsky Market (B/D)
Private breakfast at the hotel with Janna Gur, notable Israeli author, publisher and expert on Israeli and Jewish cuisine. Visit Palmach Museum, culinary tour at Levinsky Market, visit JDC’s Community Gardening program.
Return to your hotel to freshen up.
Enjoy dinner at a Chef restaurant.
Check out of your hotel and drive north. Visit the Spicy Way Herbs & Spice Farm. Next enjoy a special Food & Wine Tour of the Lower Galilee which includes a local Olive Oil Press “Jahshan”, Kaffeh HaGalil – a traditional Arabic coffee roaster, short Druze cooking workshop and an authentic meal.
Tour and tastings at Mivshelet Hagalil, micro beer brewery, tour and tasting at Lotem organic winery.
Special outdoor BBQ Dinner at Baba Yona.
Golan Heights (B/D)
Tour the Golan Heights including Geopolitical tour along the Northern border with Col. (Res.) Kobi Marom, exciting ATV rides, visit Pelter Winery for a tour and wine tasting, including a dairy lunch. Have a sweet visit to De Karina chocolate factory.
Return to your hotel to freshen up.
Head to the Roberg Restaurant and become an “Iron Chef” with a cookout competition and dinner.
Overnight: Mitzpeh HaYamim
Visit Safed, city of Kabbalah known for its special artists studios and beautiful synagogues. Next, head to Ein Camonim Dairy Farm for a visit and a dairy lunch. Drive via the Sea of Galilee and stop at the city of Beit Sheanwhere you will be hosted by an Ethiopian woman who will share her personal story and host us for various traditional Ethiopian foods and have a short workshop of baking Ethiopian bead. Upon arriving to Jerusalem, stop at a viewpoint overlooking the Old City and celebrate your arrival with a special She’hecheyanu ceremony.
Free evening to explore Jerusalem
Jerusalem/Yad Vashem (B/D)
Start the day with a Seam Line tour with Col. (Ret) Danny Tirza, the planner of the security fence between Israel and the West Bank. Take a “hilltop tour” of Jerusalem and view some of the neighborhoods where Jews and Arabs reside side by side on the city’s seam line. Tour of Yad Vashem, considered the primary memorial and museum of the Holocaust. Next Visit Machane Yehuda Market – Israeli Shuk including tasting of local products.
Early evening go to the Western Wall (Kotel), Judaism’s Holiest site, to join Kabbalat Shabbat like no other. Enjoy Shabbat Dinner at home hospitality.
Dead Sea/Ein Gedi (B/D)
After an early breakfast, we will travel to the Dead Sea, the lowest land point on earth at 1388 feet (423m) below sea level. Visit the ancient site of Masada – ascend by cable car to the ancient fortress. Next. visit the beautiful Ein Gedi Reserve. Lunch N’ Swim at one of the Hotels on the shores of the Dead Sea. Cover yourselves with mud and enjoy the buoyant therapeutic waters of this mineral-rich Sea. Enjoy a special ethnic experience at the Darna Restaurant, where you will have an authentic Moroccan dinner and a tour and tasting at the restaurant exceptional wine cellar. During the dinner you will be entertained by a Belly Dancer.
Jerusalem/Mitzpe Ramon (B/L/D)
Morning at leisure for last minute shopping in Jerusalem.
Check out and drive south. Stop for a special Kurdish lunch at home hospitality. Drive through the biblical Ayalon Valley, where Joshua defeated the five kings for an overview of this fabulous area. Arrive to the Ella Valley Boutique Winery, Clos De Gat for a tour and tasting of their award winning wines.
Drive south to the Ramon Crater, check in and dinner at the hotel.
After dinner have a special night tour of star gazing in the desert.
Overnight: Beresheet Hotel, Mitzpe Ramon
Start the day with an exciting 4 x 4 jeep tour of the Ramon Crater
Now take a unique agriculture tour at the Salad Trail, lead by a renowned agronomist in the most advanced greenhouses in the Negev.
Then you will experience a special “Poike” lunch. A Poike is a large iron cast casserole pot which is put directly on open fire.
Transfer to Ben Gurion airport for your departure
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.