Trekking the Atlas Mountains
The Atlas ranges separate the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines from the Sahara Desert. Trekking in the Atlas Mountains makes for an incredible holiday to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Berber people and the spectacular views.
Season: From February to November.
- Experience the cultures of the Berber people.
- Travel through the Atlas Mountains, discovering the beauty and wonder within the surroundings.
Marrakech / Atlas Mountains
Meet your guide and the driver at your hotel and head south to the Atlas foothills. Stop in the village of Aguersioual where you meet your team of muleteers and the cook. Start the trek on a mule path to Aguersioual pass and then down to Ikhiss where you stop for a picnic lunch by a stream. In the afternoon, carry on the walk along the stream to your riverside camp in Tigouna (5 hr walk).
This morning you gradually climb the Tacheddirt pass where you have great panoramic views of the Atlas peaks. Continue downhill along the stream to Ibassene for a lunch break. In the afternoon is a gentle climb to get to Agoun’s isolated village for camp. Visit a local family in the village (6 hr walk).
Atlas Mountains / Marrakech
Countinue climbing up to Ouattar pass and before heading back downhill through the Tiferguine pasture. Picnic by the spring and head to the ski resort of Oukaimeden where you meet your driver and drive back along Ourika valley to Marrakech (5 hr walk, 1 hr drive).
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.