Traditional Cooking Lessons
It is not surprising that the food of the “Spice Island” offers an exotic variety of aromas & tastes. For centuries, the India Ocean sailing ships brought people from Arabia, Persia, India & the African continent to Zanzibar. Zanzibar Cuisine reflects this colorful mix of cultures. From women groups of Stone Town, you can now learn how to prepare traditional Zanzibari food. Arabian coffee, Indian Curries, Masalas from Goa, Exotic Fruits, Vegetables & Spices such as Manioc, Cashew Nut, Avocado, Guava, Nugmet, Cinnamon & Coconut are everyday components of Zanzibar Cuisines. Zanzibar’s famous rice dishes include Biriyani, Mseto & Wali – But the unrivalled favorite which is only cooked in special occasions, is Pilau. Pilau is a rice dish meticulously flavored with varieties of spices including cumin, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom & raisins. Zanzibar many seafood dishes include Octopus (Pweza), Swordfish (Nduaro), Kingfish (Nguru), Lobster & Prawns (Kamba), Tuna (Jodari), Squid (Ngisi) & Seashells (Chaza). The cooking lessons takes 3-4 hours including Main Dish, Side Order, Snack & Sweet. From variety of suggestions you can choose the dishes you want to learn. Your teaching instructor will be a local woman from Stone Town.
- Learn the different spices and how they are used in local cooking
- Includes the making of Arabian Coffee
- Your interaction is with a local Zanzibar lady
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.