The Middle Kingdom
Embark on a journey through China’s history, culture, and natural beauty. Wander through Beijing’s imperial landmarks, examine ancient relics in Xi’an, and admire pandas in Chengdu before rounding off your travels in Shanghai – the “Paris of the East.” Along the way, sip champange on the Great Wall, explore Xi’an’s Muslim Quar-ter, taste the famous spiciness of Sichuan cuisine, and enjoy a bird’s eye view of Shang-hai from a Pudong skyscraper. Experience the colorful fabric of this 5,000-year-old country as you visit China’s breathtaking palaces and iconic pandas. Chengdu/Shanghai/Suzhou
- Food, culture, history
- Must-see sights
- VIP access to the Forbidden City
- Meet an Imam at Xi’an’s Great Mosque
- Discover Shanghai’s Jewish history with an expert
On arrival meet and greet and meet our guide who will transfer you to your hotel of choice.
We have a selection of hotels for you to select from.
Explore and enjoy the next 3 days with our guide.
- Weave your way through Beijing’s ancient, interwoven hutong alleys
- Visit the Forbidden City and enjoy exclusive access to the private chambers of Emperor Qianlong
- Dine on Beijing’s signature Peking duck
- Embark on a morning excursion along the majestic Great Wall, built to protect China’s heartland from invaders
- Escape the crowds on the Wall with your own exclusive champagne break
- Delve into the heart of Beijing’s contemporary art scene with an expert at the 798 Art District
- Learn the calming art of taichi in a private lesson at the Temple of Heaven
- Enjoy high tea in the tranquil surrounds of the Aman hotel at the Summer Palace
Stroll through the bustling streets and stalls of the Muslim Quarter
- Experience Xi’an with more than just your eyes by sampling some famous dumplings
- Embark on a bike ride atop Xi’an’s ancient city wall
- Learn about Xi’an’s 1,300-year-old Muslim community by visiting the Great Mosque
- Enjoy VIP access to underground murals from the Tang Dynasty at the Shaanxi Museum
- Marvel at the iconic Terracotta Warriors, the eternal guards for the tomb of China’s first emperor
- Decipher the inscribed stone tablets inhabiting the Stele Forest before trying your hand at calligraphy with an expert
Wander through the bustling “broad and narrow” alleys, a refurbished historical area.
- Observe China’s cuddliest of icons at Chengdu Panda Base
- Admire the ancient, alien-like sculptures of Sanxingdui Museum
- Visit Qingyang Daoist Temple, considered the birthplace of Lao Tzu, the founder of Daoism
- Visit Jinsha Archeological Museum, home to the relics of an ancient kingdom pre-dating Chinese settlement
- Learn to play mahjong like a local at Wangjianglou Park
- Savor a dinner of Sichuan hotpot
- Marvel at the rapid skill of “face-changing” from VIP seats at a Sichuan Opera show
Enjoy lunch in the French Concession
- Walk along the Bund, where the colonial buildings of Old Shanghai stand in sharp contrast to the futuristic skyscrapers of Pudong
- Dine on delicately steamed dumplings
- Marvel at a spellbinding ERA Acrobatics Show
- Explore Shanghai Museum with a resident expert
- Take in a bird’s eye view of Shanghai as you lunch in a Pudong skyscraper
- Wander the maze of pavilions and bridges of Yu Garden, the most celebrated classical garden in Shanghai
- Uncover the veiled stories of Shanghai’s Jewish Quarter, which went from burgeoning business center and political haven to windswept ghost town in a matter of decades
- Explore Tiger Hill and enjoy classic Chinese gardens
- Learn how to make silks at Suzhou Museum
- Free time to rest and transfer to the airport for your onward flight
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.