This is guaranteed to waken your senses. We visit spice plantations where you will have the opportunity to pick, smell & savor fruits & spices that you have probably never seen on the supermarket shelf. Commencing at the ruins of the Maruhubi Palace, via the site of David Livingston’s house (one of Africa’s greatest explorers) the journey continues north of town towards the Kidichi Persian Baths. From here we continue to the rural areas were local farmers live & produce some of the world’s most exotic fruits and spices. Cloves, star fruit, bulls heart’, tangerine trees, lemon grass, mangosteen and lip-stick trees to name but a few are what you can we expect to see- according to the seasons. Perhaps you will fancy buying a basket of freshly picked spices to take home with you.
Hotel pick up time:
Morning: 08:30 from beach hotel or 09:00 from stone town hotel
Afternoon: 13:30 from beach hotel or 14:00 from stone town hotel
Things to Bring: A hat, sunscreen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.