Rafting and Rain Forest Escape
A great journey to explore the “Pacuare” River, one of the most beautiful rivers of the country. Enjoy rafting on scenic canyons where crystal clear waterfalls plummet down into the rapidly coursing river below.
- An exciting rafting trip on a wild and scenic river.
- The exotic beauty of the rainforest from the tree tops on a zip line.
- Descend a waterfall canyon or hike the trails of an archeological site.
- A variety of plants, birds, wildlife species due to differences in altitude and ecosystems.
- Try the “Turrialba” cheese produced on the high slopes of the volcano, coffee, peach palm and macadamia nuts.
- Afro-Caribbean mix and indigenous populations.
San Jose arrival
Welcome at San Jose International Airport by a representative of A&S Signature Journeys and transfer to your hotel.
Rafting to the lodge
Upon arriving at the put in on the river and a security briefing by your guides enjoy rafting on the scenic Pacuare until arriving at the lodge. Afternoon at leisure to explore the surroundings.
Zip lining tour
You will face the exotic beauty of the rainforest feeling the adrenaline of dramatic views, rappelling down towering trees and sliding along cables from tree to tree as you descend the jungle cloaked mountain toward the lodge for a final thrilling rappel that leaves you just steps away from the main lodge.
Rafting down the Pacuare
After breakfast, launch the rafts again for the final day of river expedition. Rafting the second portion of the river is even more thrilling as you experience a mixture of class III and class IV rapids, all the while surrounded by spectacular scenery. After getting changed at some private facilities transportation continues to Turrialba Valley area.
Choose between one of the following activities in the area: a canyoning adventure that consist of descending a waterfall or a hike to Guayabo archaelogical site considered a “World Engineering Heritage Site” due to the system of aqueducts that to this day function perfectly.
Turrialba Valley to San Jose
Enjoy a relaxing morning at your hotel after the adventurous days. During the afternoon private land transportation back to San Jose.
San Jose departure
Departure transfer to International Airport
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.