Qatar: Time to Explore
In two days you will explore Qatar and experience the wonders of this intriguing dessert country. This itinerary is designed to showcase more of the country and their people while recognizing travel requirements for other countries. This is a perfect add-on to any trip to the Middle East, Asia or East Africa.
- City Tour of Doha—See and shop the international city of Doha.
- Half Day Desert Safari—Take a SUV out to see the curious Inland Sea of Qatar and learn about desert life.
- Al Shahaniya/West Coast—Learn about camel racing and get up close to the ships of the desert.
- Explore Sheikh Faisal Museum and it’s extraordinary artifacts from the Jurassic age to the early Islamic period.
- Visit northern Qatar and visit Al Khor Fishing Harbor and tour the UNSCO World Heritage Site of Al Zubarah Fort
Arrive Doha: City Tour and Desert Safari
Discover the best of the city by sightseeing Doha’s modern skyscrapers and traditional landmarks. The tour includes a visit to Museum of Islamic Arts, Al Shyoukh Port at the Corniche, Katara Cultural Village, the Luxury City of the Pearl, and the Souq Waqif.
Lunch in Katara Cultural Village or Souq Waqif
Don’t miss your chance to visit Qatar’s Inland Sea, one of the few places in the world where the sea encroaches deep into the heart of the desert. Interact with camels and falcons and learn why these amazing animals were critical for living in the desert.
Dinner in at one of Doha’s famous restaurants; traditional, contemporary or international, it is your choice.
Doha / Al Shahaniya / North Qatar
Visit the exciting Al Shahaniya Camel Racetrack where camels can be raced while being ridden by robotic jockeys. After the racetrack we are off to visit the Sheikh Faisal Museum a privately owned museum located in the municipality of Al-Shahaniya in Qatar with artifacts dating back to the Jurassic Period.
Lunch at a local restaurant
Continue your trip to Al Khor fishing harbour (previously the country’s center for pearl diving and fishing) and Al Thakira, where you can set your sights on the protected mangrove forest. The Highlight of this tour is the UNSCO World Heritage Site of Al Zubarah Fort which is one of the most extensive and best-preserved example of an 18th and 19th century settlement in Qatar. A visit to the Oryx farm shall also be made before returning to Doha.
Dinner at local Farm Restaurant
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.