Pretoria to Cape Town (Blue Train)
Travel aboard the Blue Train, a five-star hotel on wheels. The train has an aura of mystique and has become synonymous with the ultimate in luxury and personal service. You will be taken through some of the most breathtaking countryside to be found anywhere in the world.
- Commence in Johannesburg and Conclude in Cape Town.
- Visit the malaria-free Mabula Private Game Reserve.
- Take a tour of Pretoria, the country’s seat of Administrative Government.
- Ride the Blue Train, a magnificent moving five-star hotel.
- Explore Cape Town, South Africa’s ‘Mother City’.
- Head to the heart of South Africa’s Wine Industry, the Cape Winelands.
Arrive Johannesburg, South Africa / Mabula Private Game Reserve
Upon arrival into Johannesburg, you are met by an A&S representative and assisted with your onward flight to the Mabula Private Game Reserve, one of Africa’s hidden secrets, situated at the foothills of the Waterberg Mountains. On arrival, you are met and transferred to your lodge for the night.
Mabula Private Game Reserve
Enjoy a full day in Mabula. This private reserve offers prolific game which includes the “Big 5” and more than 300 recorded bird species.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Mabula Private Game Reserve / Johannesburg / Pretoria
Board your flight to Johannesburg where you are met and transferred to Pretoria and on to your hotel with the remainder of the day at leisure.
Enjoy a half day visit of the capital city of Pretoria. See the home of Paul Kruger – now a museum, enjoy the beauty of the Union Buildings – the seat of Administrative Government in South Africa, and view the huge Voortrekker Monument dedicated to the original Transvaal settlers. In October, revel in the beauties of the Jacaranda season, a spectacle unequaled anywhere in the world.
Pretoria / Blue Train
After breakfast, you are transferred to the rail station to board the Blue Train for the 27-hour journey to Cape Town.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Blue Train / Cape Town
Upon disembarking in Cape Town Station, you are met by an A&S representative and transferred to your hotel.
Enjoy a morning tour of Cape Town, arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the world. This tour is a geographical and cultural extravaganza, showing you Cape Town, from its historical beginnings to the dazzling modern shopping malls of the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. The tour commences with a tour of Table Mountain (weather permitting). In the city itself, visit the Company Gardens, the S.A. Museum, the Castle of Good Hope and the vibrant and arty flea market, Green Market Square. Also take a trip through the picturesque Bo-Kaap. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Other options in the area include:
- The V&A Waterfront
- Take a harbor cruise and spot the seals
- Visit a local township on a guided tour
- Spend the day on the beach
- Go on a scenic helicopter trip over the city and peninsula
- Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium
- Explore District Six and Malay Quarters
Take a full day tour of the Cape Peninsula as you travel along the Atlantic Seaboard via Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay, with stops at Llandudno look-out point and Hout Bay, a quaint village and fishing harbor with magnificent mountain views and beach. Drive through Chapman’s Peak, one of the world’s most breathtaking coastal drives, to Cape Point and the Good Hope Nature Reserve, which has magnificent fynbos vegetation, birdlife, endemic antelope species and zebra, historic lighthouses and shipwrecks. Cape Point is perceived to be the meeting point of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
Cape Town / Stellenbosch
After a leisurely breakfast, transfer to the beautiful university town of Stellenbosch where you have the remainder of the day at leisure.
Stellenbosch / Winelands / Stellenbosch
Enjoy a full day tour in the Winelands. This delightful drive winds its way to the heart of the Cape Winelands, through superb mountain ranges, vineyards and Cape Dutch homesteads. The tour will include an informative cellar tour and wine tasting that gives a personalized insight into the finer points of wine-making.
Stellenbosch / Cape Town / Depart
After breakfast, you are transferred to Cape Town International Airport to board your homebound flight.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.