National Geographic Unique Lodges of Costa Rica
National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World are a collection of handpicked lodges that invite guests to experience all the magic of Costa Rica while providing truly amazing accommodations and outstanding service.
- Immerse yourself in the smells and tastes of freshly roasted organic Costa Rican coffee.
- Splash in on white water rafts along the Pacuare River Protected Zone to arrive to your jungle lodge.
- Learn about the Cabecar culture, Costa Rica´s largest tribe on the mountains near the Pacuare River.
- Discover Central America’s last remaining tropical lowland rainforests at the Osa Peninsula with local naturalist guides.
- Enjoy a private luncheon in the middle of the tropical rainforest with spectacular views of a cascading waterfall.
San Jose arrival
Welcome at San Jose International Airport by a representative of A&S Signature Journeys and transfer to your hotel.
Coffee Tour Walk
Walk a tree-shaded plantation and become an expert in organic Costa Rica coffee. From its origin to harvest, you will love learning about coffee on the signature Finca Rosa Blanca’s Coffee Tour.
Rafting to the Lodge (optional land arrival/departure)
After a safety training by your guides, enjoy rafting on the scenic Pacuare until arriving at the lodge. After lunch, settle into your exquisite suite to let you experience the surrounding tropical rainforest from your private terrace.
Indigenous Culture Walk
Visit a Cabecar thatched house– These indigenous people live in small family groups scattered across the jungle, this has helped them to maintain their customs and language.
Rafting Down the Pacuare (optional land arrival/departure)
After breakfast, launch the rafts again for the final day of river expedition. Rafting the second portion of the river is even more thrilling as you experience a mixture of Class III and Class IV rapids. A tasty picnic lunch will be served on the riverbank along the way; after being changed at some private facilities, transportation back to San José.
San Jose to Osa Peninsula
Morning scenery flight from San Jose to Puerto Jiménez, upon arrival land transfer to the lodge. Afternoon at leisure to relax and plan your next day adventures with your concierge. Savor a delicious dinner and great views at the restaurant of the lodge
All guided on-property tours are included in your stay — so immerse yourself in the rainforest and join as many tours as possible.
Explore some of the nearby beaches; join the Matapalo beach tour & starfish walk. Afternoon Twigs, Pigs & Garbage Tour, a back of the house walk to see how to keep the operations green, how the community is supported and how the flora and fauna is conserved.
Osa Peninsula to San Jose
Mid-morning domestic flight back to San Jose, land transfer to your hotel and free time to enjoy the Central Valley views.
Enjoy your last night with fresh and balanced Costa Rican dinner; prepared incorporating all the richness of the orchards, organic gardens and coffee plantation of the hotel.
San Jose Departure
Departure transfer to International Airport.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
Deluxe Hotels Only.
- Transportation on comfortable air conditioned microbuses
- Four nights (alternate) at Finca Rosa Blanca Hotel & Coffee
Plantation on Junior Suite with breakfast
- Guided Organic Coffee Tour and Cupping
- Two nights at Pacuare Lodge (land shared transfers, lodging on River View Bungalow, a la carte meals, indigenous cultural walk,
rafting guides and equipment)
- Round trip domestic flight San Jose to Puerto Jiménez
- Three nights at Lapa Rios Lodge (local airport transfers, lodging on
Deluxe Bungalow, a la carte meals plus non-alcoholic & non-mixed drinks, selection of on-site guided tours.
- Local taxes
- International airfare to Costa Rica
- Personal Expenses (passport, medical, souvenirs, etc.)
- Optional tours
- Travel/medical insurance