Love is an adventure
- An exciting rafting trip on a wild and scenic river.
- Spot glimpsing monkeys, otters and water birds while you raft down.
- The exotic beauty of the rainforest at the Pacuare River area.
- Stroll on endless coastlines of the Nicoya Peninsula.
- Swim, snorkel and see beautiful reef fish and coral at Tortuga Island.
San Jose arrival
You will be met on arrival at San Jose International Airport by a bilingual representative of A&S Signature Journeys and transfer you to the hotel. San Jose is located in the central valley of the country surrounded by vistas of volcanoes and fertile hillsides.
Rafting to the lodge
Upon arriving at the put in on the river and a security briefing by your guides enjoy rafting on the scenic Pacuare River until arriving at the lodge. Afternoon at leisure to explore the surroundings.
You will face the exotic beauty of the rainforest choosing from the following experiences included during your stay (up to two per day): Tropical Canyoning Tour, Canopy Ziplining Adventure, Bird-Watching Experience, Cabecar Indigenous Hike, Ancient Trail & Hidden Waterfall Hike, and Sustainability Tour.
Rafting down the Pacuare River
After breakfast launch the rafts again for the final day of river expedition. Rafting the second portion of the river is even more thrilling as you experience a mixture of class III and class IV rapids, all the while surrounded by spectacular scenery. After getting changed at some private facilities transportation back to San Jose area.
San Jose to Santa Teresa
Take a morning 30 minutes domestic flight to Tambor area on the Nicoya Peninsula. Transfer to the hotel located at Santa Teresa Beach, enjoy a day at leisure to explore the beach and relax at the hotel facilities.
Enjoy a relaxing cruise and watch the sea birds and jumping fish on the way to the island, snorkel and see lots of coral, a large variety of tropical fish. Stroll along a white sand beach before returning to the hotel around noon. Afternoon is at leisure for exploration and relaxation.
Santa Teresa and its surroundings are also great places to explore if you have a flare for adventure. Enjoy optional activities such as horseback riding on the beach, surfing lessons, Montezuma Waterfalls, Hiking in Cabo Blanco National Park or Curu Reserve, ziplining tour, artisan fishing expeditions or simply schedule a relaxing massage (at extra cost).
Enjoy a romantic beach dinner that includes one glass of sparkling wine per person, one bottle of house wine, six course tasting menu a la carte, private set up, coffee-tea-cappuccino-expresso.
Santa Teresa Beach to San José + departure
Morning domestic flight back to San Jose area. Upon arrival transfer on your own (walking distance) from the domestic terminal to the international terminal area.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.