A Komodo experience to add as an extension to your other tours. This itinerary gives you the best of the nature of the Komodo and Rinca Island with an encounter of the Komodo Dragon.
- Discover the Komodo Dragon!
- Explore the flora and fauna and spectacular views of the surrounding wildlife.
Arrive Labuan Bajo (no meal)
Upon arrival at Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores you will be welcomed by our local representative and transferred to your hotel for overnight.
Labuan Bajo / Rinca / Komodo / Labuan Bajo (B/L)
Our purpose today is to see the Komodo Dragon. This largest living lizard on earth lives on 3 islands, Rinca, Pada & Komodo and some parts of West Flores. Its length can go up to 3 meters with weight of up to about 198 pounds.
Early morning wake up call. Breakfast at hotel and the transfer to the harbor. At 6:00am you will depart for Komodo Island. This trip over blue tropical waters and past hundreds of small islands will take approximately 4 hours. On our visit to Komodo Islands we make a walk (1 hour) with a local ranger in search of the Komodo Dragons. During your visit you will also see wild buffalo, deer, pigs and various species of tropical birds like the Cockatoo. At Pink Beach lunch and time to discover the splendid underwater world of these rich waters (snorkels and fins are provided.) Onwards to Rinca where you will be led by a local ranger with 1 hour of soft trekking through forest and savanna. Komodo Dragons are often spotted on the way. From the highest point on this hike a beautiful panorama of the surrounding island is enjoyed. Return to Labuan Bajo which will take around 1 1/2 hours. Upon arrival at the harbor you will be transferred to your hotel in Labuan Bajo for overnight.
Depart Labuan Bajo (B)
Breakfast at the hotel then at leisure until transfer to your airport for departure to your next destination.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- Accommodation in hotels as stated or equivalent.
- Daily breakfast at hotel, other meals as stated in the itinerary.
- Applicable entrance fees and donations.
- Qualified English speaking guide assistance throughout the itinerary.
- Private tours and transfers with A/C car.
- 1 day boat.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- 21% government tax and service charge.
- Visa on arrival (currently $35, subject to change).
- Airport departure tax.
- Extra meals and drinks.
- Optional tours.
- Camera & Video fees at Komodo NP.
- Other personal expenses such as laundry, telephone usage, mini bar, etc.
- Gratuities and porters tips.