Israel, the Road Less Traveled
Discovery a unique perspective of Israel on the Road Less Traveled; explore this forward thinking country’s ancient roots with an informative behind-the-scenes journey into Israel.
(8 Days / 9 Nights) Breakfast and Dinner included, unless otherwise noted
Tel Aviv, Jaffa, Caesarea, Haifa, Katzrin, Tzfat, Akko, Druze Village, Masada, the Dead Sea, and Jerusalem
Add-on an optional two night’s extension to Eilat and Petra, Jordan
- Jaffa—The Port City of Jaffa is an ancient city and home to a vibrant multiethnic community; learn how this city has its eyes on the future.
- Culinary Tours—Food is where the heart lies; Israel is truly a melting pot for international cuisines.
- Bauhaus Building Tour—Built in the 1930s and 1940s, these buildings showcase innovative designs that are functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Kibbutz Experience—Walk through the history of the Kibbutz and tour the innovations at Kibbutz Magal.
- Stroll through a Talmudic village and understand what life was like in ancient times.
- Visit the mystical city of Tzfat, the birthplace of the Kabbalah.
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.
- Explore the Crusaders Halls and follow underground tunnels in the city of Akko.
- Enjoy a special “Shabbat of a Lifetime” dinner in the home of a local Jewish Family.
- Tour Masada—the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their struggle against the Romans.
- Float in the Dead Sea and cake yourself with the mineral-rich mud.
- Enjoy an imaginative sound and light show at the Tower of David.
- Walk along part of the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
- Take an enlightening tour of the city of Jerusalem, including a heartfelt stop at the Western Wall.
- Honor history and visit Yad Vas hem, considered the world’s primary Holocaust Memorial and Museum.
Tel Aviv (B/D)
You will arrive at Ben Gurion International Airport. A tour representative will assist you through baggage claim and customs and escort you to your driver. Your driver will transport you to your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will enjoy dinner and stay overnight.
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv & Jaffa (B/D)
Following a delicious breakfast, you will meet your group and your tour guide in the hotel lobby, before setting off on a fun-packed day that includes:
- A visit to the “State of Mind” Innovation Center at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange: learn about cutting-edge developments by Israeli startups in fields such as science, medicine, security, space, and more.
- A walk around the Old Port City of Jaffa, the oldest seaport in the world and home to a vibrant multiethnic community of Muslims, Christians, and Jews: get to know the first Jewish city of the modern ear, established in 1909.
A choice of two culinary tours that will introduce you to the very best of Tel Aviv’s food scene:
- Carmel Market Tasting Tour — The Carmel Market (Shuk Hacarmel) is the largest market, or shuk in Tel Aviv. Enjoy a fascinating variety of culinary riches, colorful spices and intriguing characters in the main market of Tel Aviv, where the flavors, and scents of the old town combine with the young bustling atmosphere of the city’s central market.
- Vegan Culinary Tour — Tel Aviv, the #1 vegan culinary destination globally, is where traditional vegan and vegetarian cuisine and innovative young chefs meet, creating a one-of-a-kind savory adventure for food lovers, whether vegan or not.
A stroll along Rothschild Boulevard, the beating heart of Tel Aviv: home of the White City, Tel Aviv’s most prominent collection of Bauhaus (international style) buildings. These buildings were built during the 1930s and the 1940s; this functional architecture created well-designed objects and a cohesive urban landscape that is unparalleled in the world.
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv/Caesarea/Haifa (B/D)
After breakfast, we leave Tel Aviv and head north. Take in the ancient city of Caesarea, built by Herod the Great and once the administrative center of the Roman Empire for the Province of Judaea. The city and its archeological wonders are a testament to its significance throughout the ages. The ancient port, the Roman hippodrome, and amphitheater, and the impressive palace are among the many historical treasures in this fascinating ancient city.
The Kibbutz Experience – past and present – visit Ein Shemer kibbutz museum, where we will experience a journey from the early days of the kibbutz to the present and learn about the kibbutz way of life.
Enjoy a delicious lunch in the Kibbutz Dining Hall.
Continue with a tour of innovation at Kibbutz Magal—visit the Netafim greenhouse innovation center, a pioneering enterprise in the field of drip irrigation technology.
Zichron Yaakov is our next stop, where we stroll through the charming and picturesque town.
Drive to the city of Katzrin, the “Capital of the Golan Heights.” Walkthrough a Talmudic village and get a sense of what it was like to live in the times of ancient Israel.
Continue to the mystical city of Tzfat, the birthplace of the ancient Jewish mysterious text, the Kabbalah. Stroll through the narrow, winding alleys, peek inside some of the beautiful synagogues, and browse through workshops and galleries in the flourishing artists’ quarter.
Enjoy a tour and wine tasting at local Winery, a family owned boutique winery in Galilee.
Drive to the Sea of Galilee and take a boat ride on the calm waters.
The Colony Hotel is located in the German Colony of Haifa. Just a few steps away The Bahai Gardens can be found. It is worth taking a short walk to enjoy this magnificent view, especially at night when it is all lit up. You will add it as one of the many memorable moments you have collected during the tour.
Bahai Gardens/Akko/Druze Village/Jerusalem (B/D)
Visit the fantastic Bahai Gardens in Haifa, comprising a staircase of 19 terraces extending up the northern slope of Mount Carmel. At its heart stands the golden-domed Shrine of the Bab, the resting place of the Prophet-Herald of the Baha’i Faith.
Explore the ancient crusader port city of Akko, the fascinating UNESCO heritage site, with new excavations revealing what life was like 1000 years ago. See the port and fortifications that enabled the inhabitants of the town to resist invasion by Napoleon Bonaparte. Visit the Crusader Halls and follow the underground tunnels. Spend time walking through the Arab Bazaar, reliving a Middle Eastern shopping experience.
Time permitting – Drive to the Druze village of Dalyet El Carmel, at the top of Mount Carmel. The Druzen are Arabspeaking citizens of Israel and are renowned for their hospitality. Take a fascinating tour of the alleys and old quarter of the village.
Drive to Jerusalem and check-in at the hotel.
In the evening, experience a unique “Shabbat of a Lifetime” dinner, with hospitality in the home of a local Jewish family. Enjoy a traditional meal as you hear about and observe the customs of the Jewish Shabbat.
Masada/the Dead Sea/Jerusalem (B/L)
Setting off east from Jerusalem towards the Dead Sea, 1388 feet (423m) below sea level.
Visit the legendary mountaintop plateau of Masada – the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their struggle against the Romans in 73CE overlooking the Dead Sea. Ascending by cable car to the ancient fortress, we shall explore the site, with its synagogue and bathhouse.
Enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the Dead Sea shore. Cake yourself in mineral-rich mud and float in the buoyant waters. Lunch is included.
Drive to a lookout point for a view of Wadi Qelt and the cliff-hanging Monastery of St. George; founded in the 5th Century and still active and inhabited by Greek Orthodox monks.
Return to Jerusalem.
In the evening, enjoy the Sound and Light Show at the Tower of David – a creative depiction of the history of the city of Jerusalem projected onto the ancient stones (weather permitting).
Dinner on your own
The Old City of Jerusalem (B)
Start the day with an overview from the Mt. of Olives. Our exploration of the Old City of Jerusalem begins at the City of David, with its fascinating tunnels. See the newest exciting excavations revealing Jerusalem during the time of the 1st Temple period.
Walkthrough the Old City and visit some of its famous sites, including the Western Wall and the Cardo, an ancient commercial street where you can still shop today.
Stroll in the Arab Bazaar and experience traditional Middle Eastern life, with its rich colors, flavors, and smells. Take a rooftop tour of the Old City neighborhoods for a behind-the-scenes look at the various communities living alongside each other in this ancient walled city.
Walk along part of the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. According to traditions dating back to at least the 4th century, the church is the home of the two holiest sites in Christianity: the site where Jesus of Nazareth was crucified, known as “Calvary” or “Golgotha”; and Jesus’s empty tomb, where he is said to have been buried and resurrected.
Dinner on your own
The New City of Jerusalem and Bethlehem (B/D)
Visit Yad Vas hem, considered to be the world’s primary Holocaust memorial and museum. Take a tour of the new Holocaust History Museum, which occupies over 4,200 square meters, mainly underground.
Visit the moving exhibit at the Children’s Pavilion, commemorating the death of over 1.5 million Jewish children in the Holocaust.
From the Yad Vashem, we will move on to the Israel Museum. We will see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibition and view the famous Model of Jerusalem, depicting the city as it was in the 2nd Temple period.
Optional – visit to Bethlehem. See the Church of the Nativity and the remains of ancient Bethlehem (beneath the Greek Monastery), from the times of Christ.
Leisure time at Mamilla Mall or Ben Yehuda Street.
Meet up again for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Free day & Departure
Transfer to the airport and depart on your flight back home. Leave Israel with everlasting memories!
Optional – Two night’s extension to Eilat and Petra, Jordan
Fly from Tel Aviv to Eilat, transfer to the hotel, and check in.
Set out by bus on a day tour from Eilat to Petra’s beautiful “Rose City.”
Leisure day in Eilat, before taking the afternoon flight to Ben Gurion airport, from where you will depart on your flight home.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.