A journey that is overflowing with the best of what the island has to offer!
- Enjoy tropical fruits such as the “Thambili” and the delicious pineapple.
- Visit the Negombo Fish Market; also one of Sri Lanka’s first beach resorts.
- Optional visit to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage.
- Ride on elephant back through the jungle.
- Climb to the top of the UN World Heritage Site of Sigiriya.
- Discover the Dambulla Caves Rock Temple dated from First Century B.C.
- Visit an exotic Spice Garden in Matale.
- Explore the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
- Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens and see its treasures of tropical flora.
Colombo / Negombo
Arrive Colombo International Airport Ayubowan!
On the way from the Airport, stop for a delicious “Thambili” (King Coconut) to quench your thirst and rehydrate after a long flight.
Welcome to Negombo – not only famous for its century’s old fishing industry and large fish market which caters for the export market, Negombo is also one of Sri Lanka’s first beach resorts.
Enjoy a sunset walk along the beach or simply sit with a cocktail and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
Overnight at Jetwing Beach Hotel.
Negombo / Habarana (B)
Early morning, if interested visit the lively fish market in Negombo. See the catch of the day!
After a relaxed breakfast commence your journey (4.5 hours) through this amazing island.
If interested, stop at a Pineapple-Plantation and have your first experience with this delicious tropical fruit. Sri Lanka is well known for its sweet pineapples.
In the afternoon arrive at the Cultural Triangle.
Feel like royalty and ride on elephant back through the jungle.
Overnight at The Cinnamon Lodge.
Optional: If it’s your dream to feed an elephant then you should not miss the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage – home to many abandoned or injured elephants. It is one of Sri Lanka’s most visited sites. Our guests love it! (US$ 25 per person).
Habarana / Polonnaruwa / Habarana (B)
This mornng, leave for Polonnaruwa (1 hour) – a UN World Heritage Site and the Capital of Sri Lanka from 11th – 13th Centuries. Suggest stopping for a light lunch (optional and at your expense) at the Polonnaruwa Rest House. It’s superbly located on Sri Lanka’s largest man-made lake and is famous for hosting Britain’s Queen Elizabeth in 1954.
In the afternoon climb to the top of the UN World Heritage Site of Sigiriya. An ancient rock fortress from the 5th Century. Amazing views of the Cultural Triangle! A must do!
Overnight at The Cinnamon Lodge.
Optional: Early morning hot air balloon ride over Sigiryia! An incredible experience with a champagne breakfast. You will never forget it.
Pamper yourself at the hotel’s Spa.
Habarana / Dambulla / Kandy (B)
Leave for Damulla and visit the Caves Rock Temple dated from First Century B.C.
Visit an exotic Spice Garden in Matale where you can be treated to a garden tour to understand the taste and aroma of the world famous spices. It is quite touristy however everyone learns something and most love it.
Arrive into the last stronghold of Sinhala Kings an UN World Heritage Site – the Hill Country capital of Kandy. Explore the city’s Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
Overnight at the Mahaweli Reach Hotel.
Kandy / Colombo Airport (B)
After a relaxed morning drive around Kandy and wander around the lake and the streets of Kandy getting a feel for this wonderful city and explore the local markets.
Visit the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens and see its treasures of tropical flora. Keep an eye out for the amazing fig tree!
Continue your journey to the Airport (3 hours). It’s time to leave the Isle of Serendipity!
Up, up and away!
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.