Holiday Season Getaway
- Walk to the enormous crater of Poas Volcano and its steaming fumaroles.
- Swim, snorkel and see beautiful reef fish and coral at Tortuga Island.
- Learn about a variety of plants, birds and wildlife species of a Cloud Forest.
- Explore the city of San José and its architecture contrasts.
Arrive San Jose
Welcome at San Jose International Airport by a representative of A&S Journeys and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy views of the Central Valley mountains and the city.
Poas Volcano & Doka Coffee Farm
Today explore the widest crater in the world of Poas Volcano. At the bottom, there is a circular turquoise coloured hot lake with steaming fumaroles. Then at the coffee fields learn about the whole process of coffee productions from the plant to your morning cup!
A day full of sunshine and tropical ambiance along the Yacht Manta Raya on the Pacific Coast. Ride the cruise over the Nicoya Peninsula en route to the island while the crew pampers you with fresh fruit and tropical drink favorites.
Enjoy swimming, snorkeling and a banana boat ride plus a BBQ lunch right on the beach and under the shadow of trees.
San Jose to Savegre
Drive along the Inter-American Road that connects the America Continent from north to South. Detour at the kilometre mark 90 towards the beautiful San Gerardo de Dota valley.
A free afternoon to relax and explore the gardens and river bank of the lodge.
Explore the trails of the property on own or with a local guide, look for the quetzal bird, join a horseback riding tour, or a 4×4 jeep cloud forest ride. During the afternoon schedule a massage, or enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy at the Spa of the hotel (at extra cost).
Savegre to San Jose
Mid-morning return towards the Inter-American Road back to San Jose. Check in at your hotel and prepare for an afternoon walking city tour in downtown San Jose. Walk through the major historical landmarks such as the National Theater (1897) Correos de Costa Rica building (1917) experience the daily bustle of the Central Market, and the modern cool spots as well to share how locals enjoy their city.
San Jose Departure
Departure transfer to International Airport.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.