Historical City Tour
Follow the trails of the Sultans, Slaves & Explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Your guide will tell you about the events that shaped Zanzibar, leading you through the buildings where it all took place, such as the former Slave Market & Anglican Cathedral, House of Wonders, Sultans’ Palace Museum, and the Old Fort & Dispensary. While tracing the steps of the past, the walking tour provides you with the window into modern life of Stone Town. Explore the market, seafood & fish piled at the fish market, fresh loaves of bread in wicker baskets & neat stacks of fruit & vegetables as the traders sell their wares from their stalls. The City Tour is very flexible & can be adapted to suit your interest & time frame: if you’re shopaholic, culture vulture or history buff. If you want to hunt for antiques & souvenir shops, follow Dr.Livingstone’s time in Zanzibar & walk the path of the slave trade, your guide can recommend & develop routes & itineraries that will optimize your time & get the most of your visit to Zanzibar.
- Slave Market
- House of Wonders
- Sultans’ Palace Museum
- Local Market
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.