Glaciers at the Edge of the World
Itinerary For 2021/2022
(5 Nights / 6 Days
- Take advantage of this exceptional 6-day, 5-night tour, available only in the 21-22 Season.
- You will be able to visit via round trip the most hidden and mythical corners of Tierra del Fuego.
- In a unique opportunity to start and finish in Punta Arenas, this journey takes you through the fjords of Patagonia between glaciers and virgin forests, combining, in a single trip, the main landmarks of our traditional routes.
Boarding as of 4:15 pm. For the first evening on board, the departure from the port of Punta Arenas, a first-class dinner and a first introductory lecture to get to know the captain, his crew and the expedition team are planned.
Pia Glacier – Glacier Alley
A true highlight of any Tierra del Fuego cruise today, as you take the scenic trek to a viewpoint overlooking the Pia Glacier; a 20km-long block of solid ice. Next, enjoy the remarkable experience of cruising down “Glacier Alley”.
Cape Horn – Wulaia Bay
Navigating the Murray Channel and Nassau Bay, your next eagerly anticipated destination is the Cape Horn National Park, known for both its remote walking trails and temperamental weather! From here, it’s on to historic Wulaia Bay where Charles Darwin visited in 1833 and native Yamana Canoeists had settled many years before.
Day four of this explorational tour will see you sail through the Cockburn Channel and Agostini Sound, a dramatic backdrop of imposing peaks and glaciers descending down the Darwin Mountain Range. Disembark and enjoy a quintessential Patagonian experience, first visiting a lagoon formed from the melt waters of nearby Águila Glacier.
Parry Fjord – Ainsworth Bay
At down we will navigate Parry Fjord. From this area it will be possible to appreciate various glaciers that come down to the sea from the upper icefield. Onboard Zodiac boats, we will motor to the far end of the fjord to see an amphitheatre of glaciers in an area where sometimes it is possible to see leopard seals. After lunch we continue with a picturesque navigation through the Almirantazgo Sound, towards Ainsworth Bay and the Marinelli Glacier. Here, your knowledgeable guide will explain how life began to emerge and adapt across the region as polar ice caps retreated.
Magdalena Island – Punta Arenas
An early morning expedition today will see you landing near Magdalena Island to visit a large colony of the ever-endearing Magellan Penguins. To see these lovable creatures thriving in their natural habitat is a joy, so be sure to have your cameras fully charged on this day, before disembarking at Punta Arenas at around 12:15 pm.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.