Extension to Treasures of South Africa
A self-drive tour that will create lasting memories for you and your family. Experience game at close quarters and indulge in magnificent scenery with highly qualified guides. The exceptional treatment, the unique and thoughtful touches, the luxury and the opulent comfort of accommodation all add to the exciting possibility of your returning again and again.
- Few beaches in the world that could boast of a picturesque setting as those at Plettenberg Bay.
- An opportunity to explore the Addo Elephant Park and nearby game reserves.
Arrival Cape Town / Mossel Bay
You will be transferred from Stellenbosch to Cape Town Airport to pick up your rental car for your self drive tour over the next four days. Drive on to Mossel Bay. Nearby activities include walking with lions, whale watching, shark cage diving, seal island trips, game drives, elephant rides, picnic on the beach and top-notch golf courses as well as hiking trips.
Overnight at African Oceans Manor (Luxury Suite).
Mossel Bay / Plettenberg (B)
Today you can leave Mossel Bay and travel to Plettenberg Bay. The Bay is bounded by the rugged Robberg peninsula on one side and on the other by the blue outline of the Tsitsikamma Mountains. Aside from the lovely beaches (surfing is excellent), Plettenberg is famous for its river, surf, rock, and deep-sea fishing.
Daily excursions are planned by one of the knowledgeable hotel staff and include close encounters with whales and dolphins or walking with and feeding the Knysna Elephants. Other options include hiking the Robberg Marine & Nature Reserve, golfing at one of the superb courses. Monkyland, Birds of Eden, Teniqwa cheetah’s or sunbathing and swimming on one of the pristine beaches.
Overnight at Laird’s Lodge (Deluxe Room).
Plettenberg / Addo (B)
Travel to Addo and explore the adjacent Addo Elephant Park and nearby game reserves such as Schotia, Amakhala, Pumba, Kwantu and enjoy Elephant Back Safaris.
Overnight at Woodall Country House (Luxury Unit).
Enjoy activities at Addo.
Overnight at Woodall Country House.
Addo / Cape Town / Departure (B)
Leave Addo and return to Cape Town Airport.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.