Enter the World of Orchid Farming
Get to the root of orchids and have a blooming good time
Join our orchid expert Uncle Tommy on a unique botanical journey of discovery. Tommy has been growing and tending orchid plants for over 50 years. A former member of the American & Australian Orchid Society, and current member of the Orchid Society of South East Asia, Tommy will walk you through one of the largest and highly-acclaimed orchid farms in Singapore.
Singapore is a major exporter of cut orchids to over 30 countries. We will be heading to a farm that is a leading cultivator and exporter of over 30 orchid varieties and have won many awards in international flower shows and trade exhibitions.
Visitors with an interest in horticulture will flock to the UNESCO World Heritage Singapore Botanic Gardens, the National Orchid Garden and Gardens by the Bay while in Singapore. However, few ever step foot in a real orchid farm, the birthplace of Singapore’s iconic floral masterpieces.
- Learn secrets and tips on how to grow and care for these temperamental plants.
- Learn how to cut bulbs and replant beautiful Dendrobiums and Cattleya orchids.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Inclusions: Licensed tourist guide, transport, shared orchid plant pots for workshop
- Visit to Underwater World on Sentosa Island.
- Visit the bottom of the sea in a 269 feet long tunnel, showcasing the rich variety of marine life.
Arrive Singapore. Met and transferred to your hotel.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.