Cultures of Singapore Tour
Singapore is a unique cultural melting-pot in South East Asia, with Chinese, Indian and Malay people living harmoniously. Discover the 3 main cultural and ethnic quarters of Singapore – Chinatown, Little India, & Kampong Glam.
Chinatown has a good mix of food, history and architecture. On the main street of Chinatown is an Indian Muslim Mosque, the oldest Hindu temple, and a Buddhist temple, all on the same street! This is testament of the multi-racial society here. Admire conservation shophouses which used to be home to coolie houses, opium dens, gambling dens, brothels and secret societies.
Little India is found in a collection of streets with roadside stalls selling fresh vegetables and products, little shops peddling everything from fresh Thosai (Indian bread), sari shops and gold chains! Admire the speed of making a fresh flower garland & the beauty of a henna tattoo.
Kampong Glam is where you can see the unique Malay heritage that formed the underpinnings of Singapura. It is home to the Istana and the national mosque of Singapore, the Sultan’s Mosque. Heritage shophouses with carpet shops, textiles, and colourful lamps lined the famous Arab Street. Visit the little cafes and mural-lined hip street Haji Lane.
End the tour with a Bumboat ride down the Singapore River, passing under bridges built during the colonial rule, the business and financial district, our founder Sir Stamford Raffles’ landing site in 1819, former warehouses of Clarke Quay, conservation shophouses of Boat Quay, the tourism symbol the Merlion, the picturesque Marina Bay and the iconic Marina Bay Sands Hotel!
This tour makes the most of your time in Singapore and it is the “I-want-to-see-everything” tour!
- Duration: 4 hours
- Inclusions: Licensed tourist guide, transport, Singapore River Bumboat Ride (30 minutes, nonexclusive), BBQ Pork Jerky & Teh Tarik Sampling, Fresh Flower Garland and Henna Tattoo (Hand)
- Visit to Underwater World on Sentosa Island.
- Visit the bottom of the sea in a 269 feet long tunnel, showcasing the rich variety of marine life.
Arrive Singapore. Met and transferred to your hotel.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.