Cousin, Curieuse, St. Pierre Discovery
Cousin Island is made up of captivating natural sanctuaries. Cruising along the scenic Praslin coastline to Cousin, a special nature reserve and a true haven for seabirds and flightless birds unique to Seychelles: there is an estimated quarter of a million seabirds of different species breeding each year.
Let’s carry on to Curieuse Island located just off the north-western coast of Praslin; The only other island where the ‘Coco de Mer’ grows naturally. Once known as Ile Rouge on account of its red earth, Curieuse was eventually renamed after one of explorer Marion dufresne’s vessels which explored the islands of the Praslin group in 1768.
Home to an exciting giant land tortoise rearing project with its unique eco-system, a path through the mangroves swamps leads to the breeding colony. The island is also an important nesting site for hawksbill turtles. A recommended visit to the old Doctor’s House turned into an Eco-museum filled with interesting facts about the history of the island.
The last stop is St. Pierre, one of our tiny gem islets. Relaxing or snorkelling; discovering sublime wonders of the underwater scenery.
- Boat transfer between the Islands
- Land Transfers to and from Hotel
- Landing fees on the Island
Pick up from respective hotel
Depart Mahe by boat to Praslin jetty, then boat transfer to Cousin Island followed by a guided tour of the island
Depart from Cousin for Curieuse Island followed by guided tour of the Island & board walk to tortoise park
Lunch on the island
Depart from Curieuse island to St. Pierre for snorkelling
Depart St. Pierre to Praslin jetty followed by transfer to Mahe Island
Transfer to respective hotel
Duration: 7 – 8 hrs
- Light Casual clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes trainers
- Beach wear & Towel
- Protective lotions & tanning cream
- Not recommended for elderly or disable
- Cash for payment of Souvenirs from the Island if required
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.