Butterfly Center Visit
The Zanzibar Butterfly Centre is an interactive butterfly exhibit near to Jozani-Chawka Bay National Park, though outside the park boundaries. The exhibit consists of a netted tropical garden with usually hundreds of butterflies, all of which are native species to Zanzibar. The enclosure is one of Africa’s largest butterfly exhibits and provides residents and tourists of Zanzibar with an interactive and visual environment to learn about butterflies.
It is possible to experience butterflies feeding and flying very close at hand and to witness the complete life cycle of many species. The butterflies (in pupae form) are farmed sustainably by people from the villages around Jozani Chwaka Bay National Park. The friendly and knowledgeable local guides will be happy to explain the background to the project and about the butterfly lifecycle and ecology. Tours usually last between 30-40mins but can be adapted to suit the visitor. This is a great stopover when visiting the Jozani Forest.
Things to Bring: A hat, sunscreen, and comfortable walking shoes.
Recommended to combine this tour with a visit to the Jozani Forest.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.