Biblical Treasures of Jordan
Experience the Biblical Jordan, visiting Bethany Beyond the Jordan where John the Baptist baptized Jesus, Mount Nebo where Moses saw the Promised Land, Madaba the City of Mosaics and various other sites of this eastern Holy Land.
- The splendidly preserved Greco-Roman city of Jerash.
- Mount Nebo – where Moses viewed the Promised Land. There are ruins of 4th and 6th century churches whose floors are still covered with marvelous mosaic.
- Mekawir – the site where John the Baptist was beheaded.
- Petra – The jewel of Jordan.
- Wadi Rum – a moonscape of ancient valleys and towering weathered sandstone mountains rising out of white and pink colored sands.
- Bethany beyond the Jordan Where Jesus was baptized.
- Dead Sea – the lowest section of the earth’s crust.
- The desert castles and palaces, built by the Umayyad Caliphs in the 8th century AD.
Arrive Amman Airport or Land Borders (B)
Upon arriving at Queen Alia International Airport or at land borders, you will be met by our representative and assisted through Immigration, then transferred to your hotel in Amman for overnight stay.
Amman/Jerash/Um Qays/Ajlun/Amman (B)
This morning head north for a full day tour of the city of Jerash. Then drive through the pine forests and olive groves reaching the City of Ajloun dominated by the imposing fortress of Qa’lat Al Rabat overlooking the Jordan Valley. Proceed north of Jordan to Umm Qays with its colonnaded streets, amphitheaters, churches, temples and the vast Roman forum. Take a view of the Golan Heights and Tiberius Lake. Return to Amman for overnight stay.
Amman/Madaba/Mount Nebo/ Mekawir/Kerak/Petra (B)
Head towards Madaba, the city of mosaics. Visit St George orthodox Christian church the mosaic Map of Jerusalem, Palestine, Jordan, Israel & Egypt. Continue to Mount Nebo to tour the site of the Tomb of Moses where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Continue driving via the Kings road to Mekawir, the site of Herod’s Palace, where tradition has it that Solomon danced and John the Baptist was beheaded. Visit the site of Herod the Great, then continue to Kerak touring it’s Castle (one of the finest examples of Crusader military construction. Depart to Petra, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
Overnight in Petra.
Start exploring one of the 7 wonders of the world with a horseback ride to the SIQ (Canyon) followed by a guided tour through the Siq to the Treasury. Visit the Treasury, city centre, Royal tomb, theatre, High Place of Sacrifice and the Roman Soldier Tombs and others.
Overnight in Petra.
Petra/Wadi Rum/Aqaba (B/L)
This morning, head to Wadi Rum. Here you will find adventure and feel the romance of the Arabian Desert. Upon arrival take a 2 hour jeep tour to explore Lawrence Road, visiting the most spectacular sights of Wadi Rum. A Bedouin lunch awaits you. Then drive to the Red Sea Resort City of Aqaba for overnight stay.
Aqaba/Bethany/Dead Sea/Amman (B)
Drive through Wadi Araba then along the shores of the Dead Sea to visit Bethany. The site of John the Baptist’s settlement at Bethany beyond the Jordan where Jesus was baptized has long been known from the Bible and from the Byzantine and medieval texts. Visit the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth, then continue to Amman for overnight stay.
Amman/Desert Castles/Amman (B)
After breakfast, start your day exploring the east part of Jordan, the desert castles and palaces. They built these castles and palaces in the Jordanian desert in order to maintain the caravan routes and to secure the loyalty of Jordanian tribes. In addition, they built hunting lodges to enjoy horse riding, hunting and bathing, Visit Kharanah Palace, Amra Palace, and Azraq castle, and then transfer back to Amman for overnight stay.
Amman/Departure via Airport or Land Border (B)
This morning, transfer to Queen Alia International Airport or land border for departure.
- Meet and greet on arrival at Airport.
- Accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner).
- Entrance fees where applicable.
- Tours as indicated in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide/driver guide.
- Travel Protection is offered on all packages at an additional cost.