Tranquil Kerala – Honeymoon Package
A tour which takes you to God’s own country in the South West corner of the Indian peninsula, with its meandering rivers and attractive backwaters.
- Kerala’s rivers and attractive backwaters – a network of canals both man-made and natural, 38 rivers and 5 large lakes extending from one end of Kerala to the other.
- The Vembanad wetland system which is bordered by 3 districts.
- Optional activites on the serene Vembanad Lake, including a ride on a Kettuvallom (Houseboat) to explore the fascinating beauty of the backwaters.
On arrival at Cochin’s International Airport you will be met by our representative in the arrival area of the airport and transferred to your hotel for overnight stay.
Commence your tour with a visit to the Jewish Synagogue (of 1568), the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth, located in an area called Jew Town which also is one of the centers of the spice trade in the region. Visit the ancient Mattancherry (Dutch) Palace built by the Portuguese in 1557. The most important feature of the palace is the astonishing murals that adorn some of the palace rooms. Another stop is made at the St. Francis Church, the oldest European built church in India, constructed in 1503 by the Portuguese Franciscan Friars who accompanied the expedition led by Pedro Alvarez Cabral. Thereafter, visit the amazing Chinese fishing nets – the only ones of its kind in India. It is believed that traders from the court of the Chinese ruler Kublai Khan introduced these nets here.
In the evening enjoy a Kathakali dance performance (the classical dance drama of Kerala) before returning to your hotel for overnight stay.
Cochin / Vembanad Lake (B)
This morning, drive about 1 ½ hours for Vembanad Lake (Alleppey) and on arrival check in at your hotel. Vembanad Lake is famous for its exceptional scenic beauty, lush green surroundings and exciting boat cruises. Take a Backwater Cruise on its gloriously still waters and you will be overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of nature. The houseboat sails by the famous Kuttanad region, one of the few areas in the world where farming is done below the sea level. A cruise down this sometimes water hyacinth ridden lake is guaranteed to be a most memorable and cherished one. The rest of the day free for independent activities which are available at the hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Vembanad Lake (B)
Full day free to enjoy / explore the various facilities available at the resort. Overnight at hotel.
Vembanad Lake / Houseboat (B/L/D)
After breakfast at hotel board your houseboat. A ride on a Kettuvallom (Houseboat) is a fabulous way to explore the fascinating beauty of the backwaters. The boat is constructed with eco-friendly materials like bamboo mat, arecanut trees and coir. The ethnic meals are prepared on board by a personal cook and fish delicacies like white prawns, pearl spotted fish, crabs and mussels are the specialties. Overnight on board houseboat.
Disembark your houseboat in Kumarakom (B)
Disembark your houseboat in Kumarakom and check in to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure and to enjoy the majic of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the knowledge that indicates the appropriate and inappropriate, happy or sorrowful
conditions of living, what is auspicious or inauspicious for longevity, as well as the measure of life itself. “Ayur” means life and “Veda” means knowledge, so Ayurveda means the knowledge about science of life. Overnight at hotel.
Breakfast at hotel. Day at leisure to enjoy the (optional) various Ayurveda facilities availabel at the Resort. Overnight at hotel
Kumarakom / Cochin / Departure (B)
After breakfast transfer to Cochin Airport to connect with your flight for onward journey.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- Accommodation for seven (07) nights in India.
- Daily breakfast from day two to day seven.
- Full board on Houseboat (Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner).
- All sites and visits as per the program.
- All services using air conditioned vehicle.
- Services of a English speaking local guide for the city tour of Cochin.
- All currently applicable entrances at the monuments.
- Airfare or airport taxes.
- Beverages including mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, etc.
- Camera fees at monuments and sites.
- Items of a personal nature such as tips (except for group meals and baggage handling), laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Escalation in fuel prices, new taxes levies on hotels and transportation.
- Services or any hikes in entrance fees.