The Magic of Serendipity
From beautiful beaches, unbelievable flora and fauna, amazing ancient architecture as well as a vast amount of historical & religious sites, white water rafting, cycling and many other adventures for the more active, to the friendliest of people who carry a smile on their faces – whatever you are looking for in Sri Lanka, it is an island of immense beauty, small enough to explore widely in 10 to 14 days yet large enough to offer infinite variety.
- Ride in a three wheeler.
- Join in a game of cricket – the cricket-mad locals are always happy for an extra pair of hands.
- Stop on the side of the road to quench your thirst with a King Coconut (Tambili) and eat a hopper from a local street stall.
- Go on Safari and see leopards, elephants, wild bear, crocodile, deer, birds.
- Eat the freshest chili crab with your feet in the sand under the stars by the Indian Ocean.
- Gem shopping – find that perfect semi precious stone to remind you of Sri Lanka forever.
- Bicycle around the local villages.
Airport / Colombo (half board)
Ayubowan – you have arrived!
On the way to your hotel in Colombo (40 minute drive), stop for a delicious “Tambili” (King Coconut) to quench your thirst and rehydrate after a long flight.
Unwind, relax and then for a more fun and authentic experience, jump into Sri Lanka’s local transport – three wheelers or otherwise known as Tuk Tuks! Start at Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple & Simamalaka Shrine designed by Sri Lanka’s leading architect Geoffrey Bawa. Be blessed by the local monk – a spiritual start to your holiday.
Lunch & a spot of shopping at Barefoot.
An absolute must – no better way than to introduce yourself to the tropics that to have Sunset Cocktails on the checker board of the Galle Face Hotel surrounded by palm trees and the Indian Ocean. Be sure to be there by 5.45pm in order to catch the magnificent sunset.
Optional: Visit Colombo National & Dutch Museums (USD$ 5), Old Parliament House, oldest Hindu Kovil in Colombo, Town Hall & Independent Square.
If you have ever dreamt of wearing a beautiful sari, Colombo is the place to purchase it and have it made up to fit you.
Head to Sri Lanka’s most stylish restaurant – Gallery Café for dinner – once the office of the world renowned architect Geoffrey Bawa.
Overnight at The Galle Face Hotel – Asia’s oldest hotel located in the centre of Colombo.
Colombo / Sinharaja Rainforest (half board)
Travel to Sinharaja Rainforest – 3½ hour drive and venture out on an afternoon jeep safari to Sinharaja Rainforest a Biosphere Reserve and UN World Heritage Sites. If you are a keen bird watcher bring your own binoculars.
Optional: For the more adventurous, amazing mountain biking tracks and fabulous hiking trails. 2 hour bike ride along the river through villages to experience how locals live.
Overnight at Rainforest Edge – Eco Lodge.
Rainforest Edge is in the most beautiful location, set high on a hill surrounded by a tea plantation with views across to the Sinharaja Hills.
Sinharaja / Uda Walawe (half board)
Leave for Uda Walawe (2 hour drive) and enjoy an afternoon safari – elephants, crocodiles, bears, deer, amazing birds….they are all here in Uda Walawe National Park.
Overnight at Kalu’s Hideaway, Eco Friendly Jungle Retreat.
Uda Walawe / Galle (B)
Leave for Galle – 3 hour drive. On arrival, check in to your hotel.
In the afternoon wander on the ramparts and through the streets of the UN World Heritage Site – Galle Fort; considered one of the best examples of a living fortified city built by Europeans in South and South East Asia.
There is so much to discover and it is best to do it on foot. Your guide will assist you.
For those wanting to purchase a Sri Lankan gem there are some great jewelers in Galle Fort.
Optional: Stop at The Amangalla in Church Street for one of their cream teas. Amangalla is located in the historical New Oriental Hotel. Sit on the verandah under the whirring of a fan and enjoy their superb scones, jam & cream with a good cup of Ceylon tea. You will not be disappointed.
Up for something hair raising? Head to Flag Rock & watch these young guys jump from the top of the 45 ft wall into the sea. Totally crazy but well worth watching.
Overnight at The Fortress – 6 star hotel
Galle / Airport
Its time to leave this wonderful island – a 4½hour drive to the Airport.
If you would like to stay on and continue exploring this incredible island, e.g. some time on the beach or exploring the incredible Cultural Triangle and tea country – we can tailor make an experience of a life-time that you will never forget.
Enjoy the Duty Free shops at the airport, especially ODEL and STONE & STRING.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
- Total of 04 nights in Sri Lanka in hotels mentioned or similar in category.
- Meals on half board basis from Day 01 to Day 03 and bed and breakfast basis on Day 04 and Day 05.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an experienced English speaking Guide.
- Entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Government Tax and Service Charge.
- Any air fares and airport taxes.
- Visas (not required – granted on entry at airport).
- Any meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Additional transfers, sight-seeing or entrance fees to locations not mentioned in the program.
- Optional tours and activities.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Tips and porterage.
- Peak Period Supplement.
- Compulsory Christmas and New Year’s Eve room supplement.
- Camera and Video permits at Cultural sights.
- Travel insurance.