A jewel-like tiny island in the Sulu Sea. One hour and a half boat ride north of Sandakan, Lankayan is soon to be declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetations on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure white sandy beach, offerings imply elegant and exquisite accommodation in a handful of wooden, roomy and perfectly appointed seafront double-occupancy chalets.
Meals are informally served at the central open building, which boasts at amazingly beautiful open-air wooden terrace, the ideal spot for after dinner relaxation and chatting, all the while admiring the dozens of juvenile blacktop sharks swimming leisurely a few feet beneath.
While the ideal destination for who search tranquility and relaxation in a virgin natural setting and for families with children, Lankayan Island is also one of the hottest diving destination on the map today: its dive sites – all just a few minutes away – boast unbelievably colorful macro fauna, fascinating wrecks and, in season from March to May, regular sightings of gigantic and harmless whale sharks, the “dream date” of every diver in the world.
- Exclusive & luxurious diving experience.
Arrival into Lankayan Island by boat and rest of day at leisure.
Spend day at your leisure.
Spend day at your leisure.
Depart Lankayan Island.
Land cost per person on twin sharing basis.
Please call us for a customized quote.
Travel Protection is offered by us and is an additional cost.
Diving Package Includes:
- One way transfer from Sandakan Airport/Hotel in Sandakan to Sandakan Yacht Club Jetty and return – 35 minutes (additional transfer other than the above will be subject to additional charges).
- One way boat transfer from Sandakan Yacht Club Jetty to resort and return – 105 minutes (additional transfer other than the above will be subject to additional charges).
- Accommodation in the Lankayan Island Resort.
- Fresh buffet meals (breakfast / lunch / dinner) throughout the stay.
- Afternoon snacks served daily at the restaurant.
- Tea/Coffee, Cold water and Cordial served throughout the day.
- Snorkel around the island (from the shore or from Lankayan dive center).
- 3 guided boat dives daily except on arrival and departure day (for diver only).
- Unlimited house reef dive in front of Lankayan dive center – unguided and must dive with buddy (for diver only).
- Tanks, weight and weight belt are provided (for diver only).
- No extra charge for night dives in front of Lankayan dive center – unguided and must dive with buddy (for diver only).
- No extra charge for night dives in front of Lankayan dive center – unguided and must dive with buddy (strictly for advanced diver or diver with night dive experience only).
- Guided tour to the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center on the last day – OPTIONAL (Should this option to be included int he package, guest will need to pay for their own entrance fee at the gate).