Island of Serendipity
- Enjoy a safari in Minneriya National Park, a biodiversity hotspot for the gathering of wild Asian Elephants
- Traverse the ‘cultural triangle’ and it’s ancient kingdoms dating back over 2,500 years and lavishly adorned with frescos, murals, statues and architecture along with stunning views of the local area
- Explore the mountains, valleys and waterfalls of Horton Plains and the famous World’s End
- Visit the highlands and a beautiful tea plantation to learn how Ceylon tea is grown and harvested. Savor the intoxicating flavor!
- Relish in Kandy, Sri Lanka’s cultural capital and home to the tooth relic of the Lord Buddha
- Sample local cuisine including curry, kothu roti (a medley of roti, veggies and protein), thambili (coconut water) and arrack, a distilled spirit made from coconut flowers
Arrival Sri Lanka (D)
On arrival at Colombo Airport, you are met by your local, English-speaking guide for you transfer to the hotel. This evening enjoy a welcome dinner.
Negombo / Minneriya / Sigiriya (B)
Enjoy breakfast the hotel before you begin your journey into the heart of this tear-shaped island to Minneriya National Park. Enjoy a jeep safari into the park to explore this biodiversity hotspot.
Rise early to explore Sigiriya, an ancient palace fortress dating back to the 5th century. After breakfast, continue your exploration of the awe-inspiring Dambulla Cave, with over 100 life-sized status of the Lord Buddha and sat the Polonnaruwa, well-preserved archeological ruin.
Sigiriya / Anuradhapura / Sigiriya (B)
Explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura today, famous for its hydraulic technology and architecture in honor of Buddhism. If time and interest allow, stop at a local village this afternoon to learn more about modern Sri Lankan culture.
Sigiriya / Kandy (B)
Our journey takes us to Kandy today, cultural heart of Sri Lanka and home to the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha.
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha today followed by a delightful stroll through the Royal Botantical Gardens.
Kandy / Nuwara Eliya (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, travel to a cooler climate in the hill country. Mist-wrapped emerald peaks create stunning views as you explore a tea plantation, learning how to grow, harvest and steep the perfect cup of Ceylon tea.
Nuwara Eliya (B)
A hearty breakfast will serve you well before stretching your legs with a walk in Horton Plains National Park. Take a photo from the World’s End, a vista point where the plateau suddenly drops nearly 3,000 feet.
Nuwara / Galle (B)
Head to the coastal town of Galle to relax along the Indian Ocean. Tour the city, stopping by the Dutch Fort, a lovely place to take in the sunset.
Enjoy today at your leisure. You may wish to visit one of the turtle hatcheries along the coast, indulge in a massage treatment at the hotel or simply take in the sun and sea.
Galle / Colombo (B)
After a leisurely morning, travel overland to Colombo.
Colombo (B, D)
Celebrate your final day in Sri Lanka with a city tour, perhaps a bit of shopping and a lovely farewell dinner.
Most flights depart Sri Lanka late in the evening or early in the morning. Begin your journey home carrying with you fond memories of your journey to the Island of Serendipity.
Land Package Cost: $2,655 per person based on double occupancy (December 4-15, 2017)
Land Package Cost: $2,895 per person based on double occupancy (March 12-13, 2018)
Travel Protection is strongly recommended. A quote for a comprehensive insurance policy will gladly be provided.
- Accommodation at specified hotels or similar in category
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner
- Transportation on a shared basis in an air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking drivers/guides
- Applicable entrance fees for sightseeing tours
- Government Tax & Service Charges
- International tickets USA/Sri Lanka/USA with applicable departure taxes
- Additional transfers, sight-seeing or entrance fees to locations not mentioned on the program
- Optional activities such as scuba diving or deep sea fishing
- Massage & other spa treatments
- Expenses of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry, beverages etc.
- Portages, tips and gratuities to staff and guides
- Coverage for unforeseen events such as medical emergency, baggage loss or cancellation of your trip
- We offer travel protection plans on all our packages with an option to include the flight costs