Costa Rica Family Adventure
- A wildlife safari awaits as the diversity of the rainforest, white-sand beaches and coral reefs converge at Manuel Antonio National Park, called one of the world’s most beautiful parks and beaches by Forbes magazine
- Restore and rejuvenate at the sea and in the rainforest
- Explore the unique and ecologically important mangrove ecosystem with a naturalist guide, nursery to marine species and home to tropical cats, sloths and a myriad of bird species
- Adventures abound! Enjoy deep sea fishing, white-water rafting, horseback riding, zip lining or mountain biking excursions*
- Experience the Cloud Forest of the Savegre Valley, where warm air ascends the mountain slopes cooling and condensing into a cloud cover and creating an astonishingly diverse environment
- Seek the Resplendent Quetzal, unique to the cloud forests of Central America, at Costa Rica’s newest national park which shares the bird’s name
- Savor the healthy local cuisine of Costa Rica, mild and flavorful along with delightful local fruits
Bienvenidos a Costa Rica
Your family adventure begins as you arrive at the San Jose Airport where you are met by your bilingual A&S Journeys representative and transfer to the Central Pacific Coast near the town of Quepos. Sand toys and beach towels are provided to make your stay fun and comfortable!
Manuel Antonio (B, L)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and the morning at your leisure until you meet your local guide in the lobby of the hotel for an afternoon boat excursion to the Isla Damas Estuary. Navigate through the wonders of the unique Costa Rican mangrove ecosystem.
Manuel Antonio (B)
Explore the national park, famous for its diverse variety of flora and fauna, with a knowledgeable naturalist guide explaining the mysteries of the rainforest. Along the way, enjoy a stop at the beach to soak in the views or play in the waves.
Manuel Antonio (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy the day at your leisure to relax on the beach or take advantage of the optional activities offered at the resort such as the sustainability tour.
Manuel Antonio / Savegre Valley (B, L, D)
This morning is at your leisure to soak in the beauty of the area before you are met in the lobby at noon to transfer to the Savegre Valley. The beauty of the rainforest makes this area a paradise, where more than 170 species of birds are found in their natural environment.
Day 6 & 7
Savegre Valley (B, L, D)
Explore the rainforest through a host of activities such as hiking, bird watching, and horseback riding in Los Quetzales National Park or along the Savegre River and Reserve trails. Some optional activities are at an additional cost.
Savegre / Depart (B)
Today bid farewell to the lush rainforest as you are met and transferred to the San Jose Airport for your international flight home carrying with you fond memories of your journey through Costa Rica.
Tour Cost: $5,595 total for 4 guests traveling together*
*2 of the 4 must be children age 12 or under
Travel Protection is strongly recommended. A quote for a comprehensive insurance policy will gladly be provided.
- Accommodation at La Mariposa, Standard Ocean View Room and Savegre Lodge, Junior Suite or similar in category.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner.
- Transportation on a shared basis in an air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking drivers/guides.
- Applicable entrance fees for sightseeing tours.
- Government Tax & Service Charges.
- International tickets USA/Costa Rica/USA with applicable departure taxes.
- Additional transfers, sightseeing tours or entrance fees to locations not mentioned in the program
- Optional activities such as horseback riding or deep sea fishing.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry, beverage, spa treatments, etc.
- Portages, tips and gratuities to staff and guides.
- Coverage for unforeseen events such as medical, emergency, baggage loss or cancellation of your trip.
- We offer travel protection plans on all of our packages with an option to include the flight costs.